With the colder days of winter upon us, we thought we should take the precaution of reminding you of our procedures in the event of heavy snow.
There may be occasions when it is necessary to close the school in order to ensure the safety of both the students and staff. In most cases, the decision to close is made due to snow or ice making the school and the local area unsafe. However, it remains our intention to keep the school open whenever possible.
If there is overnight or morning snow the school will send out a text message, email, and update our Twitter feed, and school website confirming the planned arrangements. We will also message using our SchoolComms App which you can download here.
• Closure lists on the Essex website will constantly update as and when notifications are received.
• The school will attempt to text and email all parents depending on the circumstances.
• The school's website and Twitter feed will be updated with any school closure information.
In the event of extreme weather such as snow or flooding, the school will take advice from the appropriate authorities and any decision to close the school will be made as soon as possible. Should weather conditions deteriorate during the school day, the Headteacher will make a decision on whether the school should close or remain open. Should the decision be made to close the school, students will be allowed to go home and the school will send out a text, email, SchoolComms App and also update our Twitter feed and school website. Facilities will be made available at school for those students who cannot return home until their parents/carers arrive to collect them.
Please can you ensure that all contact details i.e. home, work and mobile telephone numbers and e-mail addresses are up to date to ensure that the school is able to contact you if necessary.
Please note the following:-
• Local radio stations no longer announce or publicise via their websites the school closure lists.
• Essex County Council have introduced a new school closure notification system for parents via their website http://www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Schools/Schools/Dates/Pages/Emergency-School-Closures.aspx
Adverse Weather Policy